Monday, April 11, 2011

Elder Hickman Returns Home for Surgery


A number of you have inquired about Colton Hickman who returned home a bit early from his mission because of a brain tumor. He is awaiting the results from the surgery but he feels very confident that all will be well. In the mean time he gave me permission to publish this summary from an email he sent to us.
In Colton Hickman's words:
I had brain surgery on Friday and I was in ICU until Monday morning, then they let me into the normal part of the hospital. I came home yesterday. I'm okay. I have to take it easy at home for a while. Hopefully they'll let us know whether or not I have cancer soon. If I do have cancer it should be controllable because the tumor is small, so hopefully I'll be able to control it. Right now I have to take it pretty easy. I'm constantly dizzy and nauseous. It'll take me like 12 weeks to get exactly back to normal. I'm really hoping I can go to church on Sunday, I'll probably wear a hat so no one has to look at my scar. Its a really big scar, I have 34 staples in my head. I look pretty weird.

No comments: