Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sister Dorothy Erdman Contines to Inspire Us

Thank you for keeping in touch.  I have many happy memories of our Florida missions & enjoy hearing news of others we knew there.  I am enjoying my new home with daughter Lisa & her family of 8 children.  Living together required a move to a larger house, so when I sold our Oregon home I added the money to Lisa & David's & we bought a beautiful big home which fits all of us nicely.  I have my own very comfortable quiet quarters.

We've had an exciting month.  A granddaughter left for a mission in Honduras, a grandson came home from a California Spanish speaking mission & his sister left today for a mission in Seattle.  This last Sunday our son Kimball (who has 7 children) was called to be bishop of his ward in Arkansas & I was able to fly there for the weekend to share that experience.  I'm sure that Kim was looking down from above with that big smile on his face, pleased and proud of his son as I am.

I am so grateful to be a member of the true Church of Jesus Christ, for the pattern it gives us for our lives and for the knowledge we have of the eternal nature of the family.  It gives us purpose and meaning in this life and hope for the future.  Only in following this gospel plan can we have true happiness.

No comments: