Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shauna with Students



Graduation is coming up quickly for me and I'm looking forward to the changes it will bring. I'm at BYU and I finish my undergraduate work in April with a BA in Humanities. I'm also completing a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). It has a been a wonderful choice of study for me and I've had some great opportunities with the things I'm learning. Last April I began working with Provo School District in their Adult Community Education program as an ESL teacher for evening classes. Although it was a little daunting at first, I quickly came to love teaching my classes and most of all, I love getting to know my students. It's funny how after years of never wanting to be a teacher, that is exactly what I'm doing and what's more, I'm loving it! We have a lot of fun in the classes and they definitely keep me laughing. In addition to teaching, I also work on campus as a TA for a Humanities professor. I love this opportunity too as I get to learn more about the world of art, literature, history, and human values. I'm currently the mission prep/PMG teacher in my ward and I think it's one of my favorite callings I've ever had. The next few months will surely bring many new changes as I leave Provo, but I'm looking forward to whatever comes next!

Shauna Stewart

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

It sounds like you have found a very satisfying career path. There is no satisfaction to equal that found in teaching. You learned that on your mission. And here you are helping out with missionary work in your ward. We hope to see you soon! We are hoping.